Board of Cooperative Educational Services
What is Board of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES)?
BOCES stands for the Board of Cooperative Educational Services. It began in 1991 as a joint venture between Casper College and the Natrona County School District. Since that time, it has evolved to support several beneficial programs in Natrona County.
BOCES supports several programs in Natrona County:
- ACE - Jumpstart to College
- Adult Learning Center at Casper College
- Graduate Stipend Program for NCSD and CC faculty
- Robotics K-14 Program
Numerous Innovation Grants, including:
- Kinser Jazz Festival
- STAR Grant
- Constitution Day
The board is made up of four Casper College trustees and four NCSD trustees:
- Casper College Members
- Tim Kugler
- Susan Miller
- Kathy Dolan
- Liz Batton
- Ex Officio Co-Facilitator: Brandon Kosine, Ph.D., Vice President of Academic Affairs
- NCSD Members
- Dana Howie
- Rita Walsh
- Thomas Myler
- Kyla Alvey
- Ex Officio Co-Facilitator: Walt Wilcox, Associate Superintendent Curriculum and Instruction
- BOCES Manager: Jeana Lam-Pickett
BOCES Board Meeting Dates and Location
All meetings are scheduled to begin at 4 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
- *Wednesday, January 19, 2022 - NCSD Central Services
- *Wednesday, February 23, 2022 - NCSD Central Services
- Monday, March 16, 2022 - NCSD Central Services (Program Budget Presented)
- Monday, April 20, 2022 - Casper College (Large Grant Presentation)
- Monday, May 18, 2022 - Casper College
- Monday, June 15, 2022 - Casper College
- Monday, July 20, 2022 - NCSD Central Services (Budget Presentations)
- Monday, August 17, 2022 - NCSD Central Services - CANCELLED
- Monday, September 21, 2022 - NCSD Central Services
- Monday, October 19, 2022 - Casper College
- Monday, November 16, 2022 - Casper College
- Monday, December 21, 2022 - Casper College - Subject to change.
*Change due to holiday falling on the normal Monday meeting day.
Board of Cooperative Education Meeting Minutes
Central Wyoming Board of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES) exists to provide the citizens of Natrona County and Central Wyoming quality educational services which cannot be provided as effectively or efficiently by the Natrona County Schools or Casper College when provided independently.
The primary mission of the BOCES is three-fold, listed in priority order:
- to meet the educational needs of high school students through cooperative articulated programs in technical and academic areas where students earn college credit while still enrolled in high school;
- to meet the educational needs of the community by training adult learners in programs leading to articulated graduate degrees; and
- to meet the ongoing needs of the community by serving as a catalyst for the development and implementation of innovative programs benefiting both institutions.
For more information, please contact:
125 College Drive
Casper, Wy 82601
Email: [email protected]