NCSD offers a wide variety of professional development opportunities for employees to help them learn and grow professionally. This includes learning opportunities such as new employee orientation, new faculty mentoring, ongoing professional learning, compliance training and job-required training such as Mandt, CPR/AED, and OSHA. In addition, some of these opportunities are offered for Professional Teaching Standards Board (PTSB) and/or enrichment credit.
Professional Learning Courses and Training
NCSD courses and trainings are listed online and participants register online as well.
Please visit our Online Course Catalog through Professional Learning and log in with your Active Directory information (firstname#### and 12 character password) for job required trainings (Mandt, CPR, ABD, OSHA, etc.) as well as course offerings in NCSD. District Employees can also find Professional Learning in their Clever Portal.
Opportunities for Professional Development in NCSD
- ASCD Online Courses: Online courses (ASCD) are offered free to NCSD staff through the Wyoming Department of Education's Canvas system. Please go to wde.catalog.instructure.com to see what is available, put NCSD in their search bar to find our courses. *Statewide Courses: NCSD does offer its ASCD courses to non-district participants. Those courses are included in the online course catalog at WDE.
- Education Enrichment through the University of Wyoming: WyoLearn opportunities. Please check to ensure that the opportunity is available to you as an option, as there are some that are specific to other districts only.
- Wyoming Professional Teaching Standards Board: PTSB Professional Development
- Upcoming Workshops already approved through PTSB as of 7/14/21
- Wyoming Department of Education: WDE Professional Development
- PD opportunities through External sites (you will need to see if they meet PTSB's criteria for renewal or our criteria for salary upgrades)
The district offers a three year mentoring program in support of new certified faculty. For details and content related to the NCSD Mentoring Program please visit the NCSD Mentors website here.