NCSD offers a wide variety of professional development opportunities for employees to help them learn and grow professionally. All schools develop and submit annual Professional Development plans for their sites. NCSD offers additional learning opportunities such as new employee orientation, new faculty mentoring, ongoing professional learning, compliance training, and training such as Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) training, CPR/AED, and OSHA. In addition, some of these opportunities are offered for Professional Teaching Standards Board (PTSB) and/or enrichment credit.
Professional Learning Courses and Training
NCSD courses and trainings are listed on Professional Learning through Clever, and participants must register online.
Please visit our Online Course Catalog through Professional Learning and log in with your Active Directory information (Google login) for trainings (CPI, CPR, AED, OSHA, etc.) as well as course offerings in NCSD.
Opportunities for Professional Development
- ASCD Online Courses: Online courses (ASCD) are offered free to NCSD staff. All offerings will be listed in Staff News (offered fall, spring, and summer). First, please register in NCSD Professional Learning (see details above).
- Education Enrichment through the University of Wyoming: WyoLearn opportunities. Please check to ensure that the opportunity is available to you as an option, as there are some that are specific to other districts only.
- Casper College Continuing Education Catalog: Find Casper College's opportunities for Community Education and Workforce Training and Development
- Wyoming Professional Teaching Standards Board: PTSB Professional Development
- Wyoming Department of Education: WDE Professional Development
- PD opportunities through External sites (you will need to see if they meet PTSB's criteria for renewal or our criteria for salary upgrades)
The district offers a three-year mentoring program in support of new certified faculty. For details and content related to the NCSD Mentoring Program please visit the NCSD Mentors website here.