Sept 10th, 2021
The Natrona County School District remains committed to the timely, consistent, and transparent dissemination of public information while ensuring we are protecting student and staff privacy, as related to known COVID-19 impacts on school and district facilities.
The Natrona County School District will be providing bi-weekly updates of known COVID-19 impacts to school/district facilities. We will include the school/location and the number of students/staff impacted, as long as identification falls within the aggregated reporting requirements of FERPA. If, at any time, the disclosure of information could allow for the identification of a specific individual, the information will not be released.
We know that this year will present challenges. We encourage you to help us keep schools open. In-person learning is vitally important for our students, families, and our community. Extensive quarantine or the isolation of students and staff will have detrimental impacts on our community. Keeping schools open and continuing to offer high-quality education opportunities to our children is a priority.
Please, let’s pull together and make this a successful year by following the guidance below to keep each other safe and schools open in Natrona County:
- If you are sick, stay home. If your child is sick, keep them at home.
- Monitor yourself and your child for any symptoms of illness. If you are feeling ill or your child is feeling ill, please do not report to work, school, or a district facility. Stay home.
- If you are presenting COVID-19 symptoms, contact your healthcare provider or the Casper-Natrona County Health Department and get tested.
- If you are directed to isolate or quarantine by the CNCHD or a healthcare provider, please follow this direction.
- If you test positive for COVID-19, please report it so appropriate measures can be taken to ensure the health and safety of others. If you are COVID-19 positive, do not come to school, work, or a district facility. STAY HOME.
- As there is currently no local, state, or federal masking order, wearing face coverings remains optional at NCSD; however, it is highly encouraged when social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Guidelines provided by the Wyoming Department of Health identify, if all individuals are masked - both a known positive and close contacts - only the known positive will need to isolate. Close contacts, if wearing masks, will self-monitor but will not be required to quarantine.
- Practice and maintain good hygiene, including hand-washing, the use of hand sanitizer, and disinfecting and cleaning personal supplies as necessary.
- Visit with your children about proper hand-washing, not sharing water bottles, utensils, etc., and social distancing when they can.
- Face coverings will continue to be required on NCSD Transportation.
- Start of School Guidelines
- Wyoming Department of Health Isolation and Quarantine Information K-12 Settings
- Casper-Natrona County Health Department
- Casper-Natrona County Health Department - I'm a close contact of a known positive
- Casper-Natrona County Health Department - I tested Positive
The Natrona County School District will continue to work in direct collaboration with the Casper-Natrona County Health Department and our community in response to COVID-19. We appreciate your partnership and support as we work together to provide a high-quality in-person learning environment while maintaining our commitment to the safety and health of all students, staff, and the community.