During the School Choice Registration period, families are able to enroll their children for the upcoming 2024-25 school year. NCSD offers School Choice because we believe no single education style fits the needs of all children. School Choice gives families the opportunity to find the schools that are best for their children.
The School Choice Registration period is the time for families of the following groups of students to choose their school preference for the 2024-25 school year:
- New-to-NCSD students for next school year
- Incoming Preschool students
- Incoming Kindergarteners
- Students moving from 5th to 6th grade
- Students moving from 8th to 9th grade
- Students who wish to switch schools next year - any grade level
You do not need to complete this process if your child is not in one of the above categories.
We encourage you to research schools before you make your selection. NCSD's Family Guide provides detailed information on each school. Families can also visit schools during their upcoming Open House nights to learn more about the terrific opportunities available across the district. Take your time as you make this important decision. Enrollment is NOT based on a first-come, first-served basis; therefore, it does not matter when you complete the process while the window (December 28th, 2023 - January 19th, 2024) is open.
Click here for NCSD SCHOOL CHOICE REGISTRATION BEGINNING DEC 28th!
For more information and helpful resources, please click on the links below:
- NCSD Family Guide: This guide features pages for each school with information about curriculum, programs, and school philosophies.
- NCSD Open House Schedule: Families can visit schools to learn more about the terrific opportunities available across the district.
School readiness is an important foundation for a child's successful academic journey. The Natrona County School District is excited to work together with school families as you prepare for your child's next steps toward Kindergarten! We encourage you to check out the readiness resources provided below: