Centennial Junior High
1421 S. Waterford
Casper, Wyoming 82609
Phone: (307) 253-2900
Fax: (307) 253-2891
Centennial is a middle level school that incorporates grade levels 6-8. Students are organized into grade level, interdisciplinary, middle level CORE teams which create smaller learning communities within the larger Centennial school community of learners.
CENTENNIAL BELIEVES IN:
* Providing a friendly, welcoming, positive environment for students and their parents.
* Creating small, grade level communities for learning with a flexible organizational structure.
* Teaching a core academic program that is challenging, integrative, exploratory and results in students who are literate.
* Ensuring success for all students and maintaining high expectations for all.
* Empowering teachers and administrators who are committed to young adolescents to make decisions about the experiences of middle grade students.
* Staffing middle grade schools with teachers who are highly qualified and expert at teaching young adolescents through varied teaching and learning approaches.
* Improving academic performance through fostering health, wellness, fitness, and safety.
* Engaging families in the education of young adolescents.
* Connecting schools with communities through family and community partnerships.
Principal: Michael Jennings
Asst. Principal: Lisa Allen
Adminstrative Manager: Tracylee Anderson
Office Manager: Pam Erben
Centennial hosts parent involvement luncheons on the first Thursday of each month from noon to 1 p.m. The Building Leadership Team meets at 2:50 p.m. every other Thursday. Parents also are invited to participate on the school's budget committee, BEST Leadership Team and Crisis Management Team.
Parents also are invited to volunteer in many areas of the school and participate in family activities, such as the annual Open House, and Back To School Night.
Our CORE curriculum is aligned to the District's essential curriculum and state standards in all content areas. Our literacy program is aligned to Common Core State Standards; all content and Career and Technical Education classes have embedded the Common Core Content Literacy Standards. All of our classroom systems use the continuous classroom improvement model and high-yield instructional strategies.
Students may take career technical education courses in Woods/Drafting, Metals, and Family and Consumer Science, Additional elective courses are offered in Spanish, Vocal Music, Band, Art, and Choir, Lab classes also are available for math and literacy.
Advanced level classes, called Connex, are available in math, language arts, science and social studies in grades seven and eight. Sixth grade offers advanced classes in language arts and math.
Students may participate in the following after-school clubs and activities: Art, Drama, Geography, Spanish, Jazz Band, Centennial Singers, Industrial Arts, Business, Robotics, Student Council, Yearbook,Strings Club,Business Club, Science Club, and Archery Club. Centennial also offers Extended Day Bridges program to assist student in skill remediation.
Sixth grade girls may participate in volleyball, cross-country, basketball and track. Sixth grade boys may participate in Casper Midget Football, cross-country, basketball and track. In grades seven and eight, Centennial offers football. In grades six through eight, students may participate in wrestling, cross country, and track.
Visit our Eagle sports web page at http://18.104.22.168/centennial/sports.
Breakfast is available before classes at Centennial.
We are home to a Functional Life Skills classroom and an Intensive Life Skills classroom for students with specific learning needs.
We also offer the after school Extended Day Bridges program for remediation.
For the school library page, please visit http://22.214.171.124/centennial/library.